Call us for assistance
The Converse Jack Purcell Washed Ox unisex retro shoes are originally designed as badminton shoes, and though their sweet old-school style has made them incredibly popular for non-badminton use, they're still a popular footwear choice for the sport. Before you crack wise and allege that badminton's some kind of joke sport in no more need of its own shoe than paddleball or professional yo-yoing, remember that badminton is an Olympic sport played since the days of ancient Egypt.
Badminton shoes like the Converse Jack Purcell Washed Ox unisex retro shoes are no joke, either. The nature of the sport (it's the one with the shuttlecock and the funny little rackets) requires greater lateral flexibility than most shoes provide or it can mean some devastating damage to your ankles. That's why Converse enlisted Jack Purcell, one of the world's greatest badminton players, to help design these shoes for maximum badminton performance. The odds are these days you're much more likely to wear the Converse Jack Purcell Washed Ox unisex retro shoes to look cool in the mall's food court than to prevent injury on the badminton court, but have a little respect for Purcell's sport. The man's name is on those sweet shoes of yours, after all.
Jack Purcell Washed Ox
- Material: Textile
- World-famous old-school Converse style
- Lightweight and breathable fabric upper with distressed, washed look
- Resilient and supportive vulcanized rubber outsole
- Distinctive smooth but traction-providing tread
- Rubber toe cap for additional durability and protection
- Lace-up fit with classic round steel eyelets for added style and customizable fit