Call us for assistance
You have to wonder who would've won in a fight between Jack Purcell and Chuck Taylor, the real-life inspirations behind two of Converse's most popular shoes. Unfortunately, we'll never know. The two weren't really into fisticuffs (Taylor played basketball and Purcell played badminton), so their footwear namesakes will have to fight it out for them. If you're only interested in numbers, the Chuck Taylors are certainly more prevalent than the equally attractive and historic Converse Jack Purcell Red Africa Ox unisex retro shoes. Maybe it's because the Chucks at this point are universally known; basically famous for being famous, or maybe it's simply because Taylor's shoes were designed for the extremely popular sport of basketball while many people have trouble even spelling badminton.
Quality shoes are about more than numbers. With all the All-Stars on the street, the Converse Jack Purcell Red Africa Ox certainly score some points for being unique and are practically guaranteed to win the battle for attention, thanks to that durable canvas upper and classic style. When it comes to the badminton court, you can forget about any sort of fair competition. The battle rages on until some network finally airs the long overdue series, "Time Travel Shoe Celebrity Boxing."
Jack Purcell Red Africa Ox
- Material: Textile
- World-famous old-school Converse style
- Garment-dyed canvas upper for comfort and durability
- Resilient and supportive vulcanized rubber outsole
- Distinctive smooth but traction-providing see-through outsole
- Rubber toe cap for additional durability and protection
- Lace-up fit with classic round steel eyelets for added style and customizable fit