Call us for assistance
The adidas Spider women's retro shoes were first introduced in 1972 for the Olympic Games in Munich. Had their advertising slogan been something like "Let adidas put some Spiders on your feet," they probably would've never been seen again. Few people like actual arachnids, and even fewer people want the creatures on their feet, so on first thought, the adidas Spider women's retro shoes seem to have an extremely weird name.
Spider is a great name for an athletic shoe when you think about it. Spiders are more than hair-raising nuisances. They're quick-footed and capable of creating webs of beautiful and intricate design, and spiders have an important place in the mythologies of several cultures, representing qualities as varied patience, creation, intelligence and mischief. More importantly, spiders can be a symbol of female empowerment. In many species of spider, the female is completely dominant, and in some species, the female even kills and consumes the male for nourishment after mating. How's that for girl power? Plus, few things make you want to put on shoes more than visions of spiders, right? Guard your feet in style from those cannibalistic creepy-crawlies in the adidas Spider women's retro shoes.
- Material: Leather
- Update of original 1972 track spike design offers unique old-school look
- Soft velour and leather upper is durable and pliable
- Textile lining for more secure fit and greater comfort
- Light-weight rubber outsole is flexible and damage-resistant
- High-traction tread pattern for reliable grip on many surfaces
- Lace-up construction provides secure personalized fit